So Saturday was a little rough. Bryce had gone and we were all sad. That afternoon, we all went outside to play/clean up the yard and garage. Isaac had been grumbling a little about helping. As he was coming up our outside steps, I thought I heard him say, "I have had to pick up ALL day!" I responded with, "Bub (his nickname is Bubba), being a part of a family means that we all have to help out. We need to keep our house and yard clean and tidy and I can't do it all by myself. I am asking you to please help me and not grumble about it." The look on his face made me wonder if I had just spoken in swahili. I said, "Why are you looking at me like you don't understand?" He responded, "Mom, I said that I have had the HICCUPS all day." Oops!
Later that evening, Tanner fell and split his lip open. Blood was gushing out of his mouth and onto his clothes and the floor. I scooped him up. He was screaming, Isaac was yelling, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" and I am rushing to the kitchen with him to figure out what the damage is and to get him a popsicle. Brynn witnessed this whole scene and follows me into the kitchen. She says, "That's no fair that he gets a popsicle...I want one too!" I looked at her and made a typical "Mom's freaking out and about to lose it" comment. I said, "If you would like to go and split your lip open, I can make that request for you happen!"
Yep, some of my finer moments. Thankfully (and hopefully) the children will remember more of my good moments when they grow up!
9 hours ago

3 comments:
The popsicle one is one of my favorite. I wish I would have thought to have used that one.:)
It was fun to see Bryce yesterday. We sure would have loved seeing your family. I can relate to the comments. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, our words aren't the best. I had a week like that last week. I'm trying to be more positive this week. Thanks for the advice on giving medicine. Peter is finally being more cooperative.
That's ok, we all have those days. :)
Post a Comment