Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Blueberry Kid

Tonight, I was snuggling with Tanner before I put him to bed. They had just had baths so he smelled exceptionally clean. I hugged him close and said, "You smell so yummy I could eat you." He replied, "I'm not nummy!" I told him, "But you smell so good, can I just nibble on you?" He looked horrified and said, "No Mommy, I'm not food." I said, "Oh, ok, but if you were food, I would eat you." He got this great big smile on his face and said, "I would taste like blueberries!"
***a sidenote about blueberries....he LOVES them and will tell anyone that asks that they are his favorite food. I paid the equivalent of $4.00 a week ago for a small, teeny tiny package of blueberries (probably about 1/4 cup worth) just because he has asked me for them every week since this past summer. Here in Japan, if a fruit is not in season, you cannot find it anywhere. It is also a standing rule in the house that if there is only a small package of blueberries...it is off limits to anyone but the Tan-man. I know, I spoil my kids but it is blueberries, not candy or toys, so that makes it ok!

1 comment:

susanb said...

This is the cutest picture!