So this week stinks! Kids have been great...actually surprisingly good but everything else has fallen to pieces. I want this week to be done with so I can start again anew next week. Started with Tanner's ear and the ordeal with that. Have to go and have his re-check tomorrow which there are still funky smells coming from him so I am quite sure that we will have to continue with the ear drops. Then, after play group on Tues., I was moving our play table back to its original spot. It has been falling apart. It was my "great Ikea Japan find" that turned out to be not such a great find. Anyways, the bottom shelf that is HEAVY and anchors the table fell on my foot. Because I was so worried about Tanner and the ear thing that afternoon, I didn't bother to look at my foot. When I finally did that night, it was very swollen and all black and blue. I can only wear certain shoes that won't make me fall to my knees when I put them on.
Today, we had the grand finale...at least I truly hope it is. I was eating lunch and part of my meal was the leftover Ruffles crumbs. I put some in my mouth and bit down. The sound resonated in my ears and I knew it was not going to be good. As it turns out, I broke my porcelain crown on something in that bag. Not only that, but the exposed edge is very jagged and scrapes my cheek everytime I talk or eat. Two of my favorite things, how is a girl to go on? I then spent the next hour or so on the phone with neighbors, friends, and the club trying to locate an English speaking dentist that could fit me in soon to fix and replace this thing. Finally, we were able to make an appointment for Friday afternoon. Thankfully, I already had a woman babysitting the kids in the afternoon so I could go and get my hair done. Unfortunately, because I now have to go to the dentist, I will be a freak head for one more week....ugh!
There are two reasons why I already do not like dentists in Japan without even needing to step in the door. First, nothing against dental care in Japan but it just doesn't appear to be a top priority. Enough said. Second, apparently because of some reason or another (there are many hypotheses) for a root canal/crown usually it takes anywhere from 8-10 appointments. Just a CLEANING takes FOUR appointments! I don't have enough money to pay for a babysitter nor do I have enough patience to go to the dentist 9 times just for my teeth. Supposedly, this dentist that I am seeing went to school in the US and is "westernized". I am keeping my fingers crossed!
While none of these situations in and of themselves are life threatening nor even really that bad, combining them while adding in that Bryce is gone, plus I am totally stressed out about this driving test on Monday, and you have me playing my starring role as the basketcase!
By the way, in case you are wondering, 51 hours until Bryce gets home and counting........it can't be soon enough!!!
9 hours ago

5 comments:
Oh Kim, I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this while Bryce is gone. I hope it goes well, and you can relax before that dreaded driver's test.
Bless your heart - hang in there!!
I am so sorry. I hope the dentist can fix your tooth. Good luck on the driving test.
Oh geez, Kim. I can't believe it. I hope Bryce breezes in and sweeps up all your troubles! Ugh.
Good luck with your tooth and your test!
Oh Kim, I'm sooooo sorry!!!! I hope things start looking up soon. I'll be thinking good thoughts!!!!
Post a Comment