9 hours ago
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Primary Program
The children today were a hit! I was so proud of all of them and they did such a great job. For those of you that may not be familiar...each year, the children in our congregation (Primary) do a program including talks, reciting scriptures and singing songs that they have been learning on a particular theme for the year. This year it was I am a Child of God. I have been working with the kids since August on the songs (before that, there was a gentleman that moved back to the states that did a FABULOUS job of teaching the kids the songs since January) and I wrote the program...well sort of. I gave each child a topic, i.e. Isaac had the scriptures and Brynn had prayer, and so on. They had to then come up with a two to three minute talk to share. The 7 children that we have that are old enough to participate did such a great job. Then, I had to fill in the songs, put in transitions, make it move smoothly from topic to topic, and bingo, we had a program. I think it went well and the kids worked so hard. Funny thing happened, since Bryce is in the US and the other family that Tanner knows in our branch well was participating the program, as well, I asked Tina and Eric (our previous house guests and friends) to take Tanner for me after he sang the first song. Well, Tanner got the big pouty lip and tears began spilling and I just kept hearing, "I want Mommy," then, "I want Mommy , NOW!" and he gradually got louder and louder and started crying more and more. When I was able, I ran over to where he was sitting and told him that if he could sit very quietly and not cry that he could come and sit by me. Well, I was up and down...reading my parts in the program as narrator, conducting the songs, etc. and very soon I was more than 15-20 feet away from him on the pew. Throughout that whole dang program (45 minutes), that kid sat there with his little legs stuck out in front of him and his arms folded with no one sitting near him. I don't know who I was more impressed with, the kids that put on the program or him. Isaac read his part without any mistakes and spoke clearly and Brynnie did a wonderful job especially since this was her first year where she had to speak more than one sentence. I was so proud...I have been blessed with great kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This sounds wonderful - Good job to all!
Post a Comment