We went to the KobeSports Park and even though it was quite cold, we had a great time exploring a new park. We only made it to one section of the park and arelooking forward to going back again to see some of the other areas.
Mid-week, I took the kids back to the Kobe Bird Park. We went a year or so ago and had a great time so we decided to try it again. We were able to feed penguins, toucans, ducks, parrots, and all sorts of other birds. We also saw the hawk show where they had the hawk swoop so low that the feathers brushed our head (that one made Mommy a bit nervous!).We then hit Ikea for lunch and then headed home. Can you find lunch ANY cheaper....I think not! And it had free parking...in Japan, that is unheard of!
Tanner with the Jackass (no, I am not making that upor trying to be crude!) Penguins. Have you ever heard them? They SERIOUSLY sound like donkeys!!!The last day of Spring Break, Bryce was finally able to take a vacation day and come with us to the Ninja museum and the Iga Ueno Castle.
We started out with a tour of the Iga Ueno Castle.
Then, we headed to the Ninja show. Itwas entertaining and humorous but most of you know how particular about what our kids watch on TV, etc. During the show, even though they were acting, the woman ninja would take some type of weapon and pretend to shove it into the other ninja's head, heart or other body part. Not only that, but one time he pretended to start to get up again and she stabbed him again. Bryce and I were a little concerned at the graphic nature but the kids soaked it all in and couldn't wait to get home and tell their friends....oi vey!After that, the kids and Bryce got to try their hand at throwing ninja stars. Tanner's and Brynn's were not sharpened and they threw them into styrofoam. Bryce and Isaac got to do the real deal into wood. Pretty cool!
Overall, I think it was a great week with all things considered. I enjoyed my kiddos and I think we can mark it up as a success!

1 comment:
how fun! NINJAS!!!
Post a Comment