Friday, May 13, 2011

Can we say....WAY overdue?????

First, we will play catch up of the past few months....then, we can get to the here and now :0)

Apparently, I need to go all the way back to Feb/Mar so the plan is to just post the pictures and write a little blurb about each. That way, I can feel thatat least I have accomplished something and I won't be accused of not documenting at least a little of our lives over the past few months. Between being pregnant, enduring the tsunami/earthquake/nuclear reactor situation and life in general.....things have been pretty darned crazy! Throw in three busy kids and I am just glad to nothave a nervous twitch right now!

Back to Bryce's birthday in February. He turned 36 this year....I can say that because you know I am SO much younger than him :0) We had to laugh because Bryce and I were talking about how we are getting older. Isaac came in and said, "You aren't old! My friendsand I talked about this before and we decided that you aren't old until you hit 40. Then, you are old!" So apparently we have a good 4-5 years before we are officially old :0)

Next, onto the Student Learning Expectation Awards. This is where I get to brag a little bit so please indulge me. At the school, there are certain expectations that thekids are asked to follow. Those students that best exemplify these traits are chosenand given an award in front of the elementary school. Both Isaac and Brynn were chosen for awards. Isaac for "Respecting World Cultures and Languages" and Brynn for both "acting respectfullyand compassionately" and "listening to others with focus and courtesy" (now if we could just get her to do that at home) ;0)

Then, on to the Japanese Tea Ceremonies. This year, all three children were able to participate. This is one of my favorite things at the school because it allows the children to take part in a true Japanese tea ceremony where they learn the correct way to hold and turn the bowls, how to accept the 'tea' from the giver and how to pass things. Our kiddos just had hot water which I am glad after seeing many of the children's faces scrunch up after drinking the tea. I guess it is very bitter. Watching our kids, they were slurping down the hot water.


No comments: