We had another annual Sports Day this year for the kids. Tanner even got to participate since he is in Montessori. You would have thought he was taking part of the Olympics. He had a great time at his first Sports Day and did well with his classmates. They did more "group" events. I think the most entertaining and fun to watch was when his teacher, Mr. Pilgrim, played "What time is it Mr. Fox?" The kids would all run from him screaming and squealing while he chased after, picking up two and three kids along the way. What a riot!

Here's Tanner's class doing the Hokey Pokey.
Brynnie and Isaac both did exceptionally well and we were proud of their efforts.

Brynn doing the long jump...my personal favorite.

Isaac and his friend Rick doing the 3-legged race.

Both kids ran the 400 meter this year. I HATE the 400m with a passion but ran it in EVERY track meet from my sophomore year clear through my senior year. Isaac learned from last year that you can't take off fast and expect to finish the race. He did much better this year and even came in 2nd place among the 4th graders. By the time he got to the last 200 meters, he was tired and ready to give up. Brynn was coming in 4th but came back and was in first until the last two meters where one of her classmates beat her at the finish line. Perhaps Bryce and I are a bit too competitive but we ran along side the kids to cheer them on the last 200 meters and to keep up their pace. Looking back, it probably wasn't fair, and I got a lecture from several teachers because I was running pregnant but we were NOT going to have them lose or give up. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment