9 hours ago
Monday, August 25, 2008
UMmmm....
When I was home for my brother's wedding, I also participated in the ceremony. I was the scripture reader. It was a LONG passage (sorry Eric and Lesley, but it was) but I was glad to be able to participate. The night before, while sitting in my parents' hotel room with the WHOLE Wisconsin side of the family, it was VERY late and we were discussing me and the scripture that I was reading. My mom said that I needed to be careful when I was reading the scripture. She told me not to say "Ummm" while I was reading (unbeknownst to me, apparently I have an ummm-ing problem). We got into a huge laughing/silly discussion about me and my "ummms" and it became a theme for that weekend. Even on the wedding day when I began to read, I couldn't even look at my mom or the Wisconsin side of the family and I had to bite the sides of my cheeks to keep from laughing. Well, somehow, even though Tanner was not even in the room with us when we discussed the whole "ummm" situation, he has absorbed it through osmosis. He cannot answer a single question without saying "Ummm". "Tanner, what do you want for breakfast?" "Umm...juice." "Tanner do you want to go swimming at the pool or go play basketball?" "Ummm...it's a swimming day." Tanner, do you want Mommy to change your diaper or Daddy to?" "Ummm...Mommy" (Darn it that is ALWAYS his answer for that question). I just have to say that he is so, ummm, darn cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny!!!!
I didn't hear you say Ummmm once!!!!
Post a Comment