Monday, August 25, 2008

Itchies

It is ok to finally tell this because of two reasons...1. I am almost better and 2. it was not serious enough to be sent home to the US so there is no need for me to get all excited! I don't know what I got into but my arms and face broke out in teeny tiny fluid filled blisters two weeks ago. We think I came into contact with something at the pool but who knows. They were incredibly itchy and nothing I took really provided any relief. This week, I have to say, they are almost gone and there is no itchiness. This is good and bad news. Good news because, first, I am not dying from leprosy which did cross my mind as I was considering taking the copper scrubbing pad in the kitchen and having a party for one for my arms and face AND second, that there is no permanent scarring (which would not have been the case if I HAD used the copper scrubbing pad.)Bad news is though because for a moment I thought if it got bad enough that I would have to be sent back to the US either because the Japanese doctors wouldn't know how to handle it or they would think I had some type of freaky disease and would want to deport me. No such luck...By the way, can you tell I am still homesick and looking for any excuse to get home? HOMESICKNESS SUCKS!!

2 comments:

leftygirl said...

Now that sucks!!! Glad you are getting better!!!

susanb said...

YUCK!!!! Bless your heart!!!!