9 hours ago
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Those incredible, edible eggs!!!!
OK....why is it that Japanese women can ride a bike with one child in a front basket, one child in the back basket and one strapped to her front in a sling with a bag of groceries hanging from her side and not break a single egg? (Of course, I can only assume that she has eggs in the bag) While my family, cannot go a single week without breaking an egg walking from the store to our van or from our van to our home. Our egg dilemna began several weeks ago. I had sent Isaac up to the garage to get a carton of eggs from the fridge...let me clarify. A carton is not like the styrofoam or cardboard container like in the US, it is a flimsy clear plastic container. Somehow, as he was coming down the stairs to the house, he dropped the whole thing and broke every single egg. The following day, we took the train to a new grocery store and bought eggs to replace the ones we had broken the previous day. I carried the eggs so as not to blow a gasket if one of the children broke them. We rode the train back to the Shioya Station (ours) and headed back up the hill to our home. We made it 2/3rds of the way home and Tanner got too tired. I had to hesitantly give the kids the groceries to carry so I could carry Tanner. Isaac asked me to give the eggs to Brynn being a little leery of what had happened the previous day. I gave them to Brynn with a stern look and a promise to cut off all her fingers if she dropped the eggs. We got to the steps to come up to the house and as she was walking, the bag hit the bottom step and yep, you guessed it, every single egg broke again!! Since that week, we have notoriously broken at least one egg almost as a ritual. Today was no exception. We went to Saty to pick up eggs and a few other items for the long weekend. (Bryce has off Thurs and Fri) and headed to the car. Brynn picked up a bag to put it in the car. Of course it was the bag with the eggs and without fail I heard the same "Crack" as it hit the step of the van. I think we have been cursed by a chicken!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm trying not to laugh!?!? My heart does go out to you!!
That is BAD LUCK! I hope your egg dilema ends soon and you can enjoy some soon!!
Post a Comment