Sunday, August 29, 2010

School's Back In


The kids started school the 19th of August. They love their new teachers and I must say I am impressed, too. It always makes it easier when the kids enjoy their classes and have fun. Tanner started school at Marist this year, too. While it is a full day program, I am just starting him out with half days. He will come home after lunch and recess every day so he can nap and have Mommy time....or maybe it is that Mommy needs Tanner time!

I only cried a few mornings. The first time on the day that Isaac and Brynn went back (I always hate the first day of school!) Then, two mornings when Tanner started. I must admit, the neighbors are very understanding and I think they just know to expect my tears each year. I am no longer crying but I do check my watch a dozen times each morning to see when I can go and get him. UGH!

Here is Tanner and his good friend Joshua. Joshua has always been confident about school and thankfully, he was no different this year. While Tanner and I were both trying not to cry, Joshua grabbed him by the hand and led him into the building. I am very thankful for that little boy! He helped both Tanner and I that morning.

As the year goes on, I will probably allow him to stay occasionally for the full day so he can go to PE and Art and Library. Although.....maybe I will just continue to be selfish and keep him all to myself.

Has anyone figured out how to stop time???.....I think I may need to!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kim,
I loved all your posts! It sounds like you had a great time in Indiana! Hooray!

I'm sorry you had to move houses, but your new one sounds lovely. I can't believe the toilets!