Thursday, October 14, 2010

We are still kickin'....


Where does the time go? Really, last week, we started school or at least that what it seems like. Apparently, it is already October....mid-October. WOW! A sweet friend of mine reminded me that I hadn't posted in quite a while (Thanks Amber!) so I will try to catch up with the current goings on in our lives before I get too far behind.

I guess I will back track a bit. We have had a busy couple of months. Bryce has traveled to the U.S. twice in the past month, PTA is going full-speed ahead with the big annual International Food Fair and I am Mrs. Clueless....supposed to be in charge. Thankfully, the staff and teachers are fabulous and they just let me think I am in charge while they actually are pretty self sufficient. Brynn is in cheerleading and still doing piano. Isaac is also begrudgingly taking piano (seriously, you would think I were asking him to donate his kidney each week) and also participation in Skateboard Club after school. Tanner isn't in anything but is into everything so that makes up for it. I am still trying to adjust to being all by myself every morning. It is not fun and so far I am still not enjoying it. One apparently is the loneliest number that you'll ever see :0)
I am a new aunt again. Unfortunately, my brother and sister-in-law continue to bless me with the four legged type but maybe someday..... :0) Gus has a new little sister named Lola (can the name get ANY cuter) and she is adorable. She is a French Bulldog. We have spoken to her on Skype and between the blanket Tanner and I made and the toys we sent to the U.S. with Bryce, hopefully we have already won her over. Isn't she adorable?
At the end of August, we again attended the Bon Odori Festival. This was our third annual one to attend and again, we enjoyed ourselves just as in years past. We didn't win any raffle prizes this year but the kids enjoyed playing the games. Brynnie and I danced and lo and behold, I won the dance contest for the females. Still not sure how uncoordinated as a baby giraffe me pulled that one off but hey, I won a free lunch for two people at the club. Pretty cool!

Here is Brynn and me before the Bon Odori started....just after we got dressed. Seriously, there is something wrong when they tie the belts around you and ask, "Can you breathe?" And I say, "Just barely." And they say, "Good!" and tighten it just a smidgen more.

Here are all the ladies and their daughters before the Obon festivities began. We are small in numbers and getting smaller each year but they are a fabulous group of women!

Here's Tanner by the big drum. Each year, they invite a group of kids to come and play the Japanese drums for us. It is quite entertaining and they are really talented.

We had fun and enjoyed eating lots, dancing and visiting with friends and neighbors. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: