Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Frustratingly cute

So the other night, Tanner decided to have a whining fest. He was whining about everything....I need a cuppy, Hold me Mommy, I want a snack, Isaac won't play cars with me, Brynnie took my Teddy...and on and on and on. I was in the middle of decorating the house for Christmas and Bryce was sitting in the other room with the kids, more than available to be whined to but Tanner chose me. After an hour or so of whining, I must admit I had had enough, I had held him, gotten him a drink and fulfilled his every little need but the whining was still full force. After he had whined, "Mommyyyyy, I need more ice cubes in my waterrrrrr, " I finally lost my temper just a little and loudly said, " SHHHHHHHH!!!!!" He stopped immediately and looked at me for a moment. Rarely does the light of his life speak to him harshly and never in such a manner as this. I went back to setting up the Nativity and he stood there quietly for a moment. Then, I feel him come really close to my ear and I hear a very small whisper, "Mommy, I need more ice cubes in my water."

No comments: