Monday, December 24, 2012

Brugges

At the end of November, the children had a three day weekend in celebration of Thanksgiving.  Our friends, the Edelheit's, invited us to travel to Brugges, Belgium with them for the weekend.  Their daughter is Brynn's best friend here and their son is without a doubt Tanner's BFF (two peas in a pod).  I must admit, I was a little hesitant to accept their invitation...not because I didn't want to go with them, it is just that we can be quite overwhelming, especially with our Cade-Man.  However, we had a FANTASTIC time and hopefully we can even repeat our weekend with them again!

Loading our car on the train which took us under the ocean across to France....HOW COOL IS THAT????

On the train!


Boat ride through the canals of Brugges with our buds!


Beautiful!



The chocolate museum...did you know that chocolate will not make you gain weight, is very good for your teeth, is not bad for acne, and lowers blood pressure????  Hey, I will believe ANYTHING when it comes to reasons to eat chocolate!

Made out of chocolate!
We even got to take a quiz that told us which chocolate we would most like depending upon our personalities, etc.  Bryce and I were the same...both Venezuelan chocolate lovers apparently.  It was EXCELLENT chocolate!

Later in the day....the french fry museum.  Did you know that potatoes are actually a great source of Vitamin C and offer a whole host of other health benefits.  According to the two museums...a diet of french fries and chocolate is just what we all need!  I am THERE!

Bryce playing Simon Says with some children with an overabundance of energy

Ice skating at the town plaza


More buildings around Brugges

The Ice Sculpture exhibit.  Truly AMAZING sculptures but FREEZING COLD!!!!


A bar made out of ice.  Glad I am not these two gentlemen.  We enjoyed some hot chocolate, though!


And another favorite part...BELGIAN WAFFLES!!!  Yum!

As you can see....we spent a lot of time eating :0) but it was all so good, who could resist.  And since we also spent a lot of time walking, it all evened out in the end.  Great food, Great company, Great Weekend!!!

No comments: