My babies are growing up!!! Too fast! On December 14, Brynnie celebrated her 10th birthday. She LOVED her gifts but her favorite was her new mountain bike (see facial expression below). She and I also had a chance to attend the Nutcracker with me on the evening of her birthday. We were able to get all dressed up and she and I had an evening in London. It was her first time seeing the ballet and she loved it. We both loved the time that we were able to spend together.
Brynnie is our artsy craftsy girl. She is constantly working on or coming up with ideas on things to make and create. She has also been the biggest help to me since her baby brother was born. She loves to play with him and help feed and entertain him any chance she gets. Cade adores her, as well. Brynn also continues to be my neat freak. It is frustrating to see that she is more organized and clutter free than her mommy. Her teacher and sewing club leader have also expressed how much of a help she is at school with other students and especially those that might be down or left out. She can be a drama queen at times (ok...OFTEN) but she is also a sweetie pie and my little helper in the kitchen. She loves to sing and dance and on one than more occasion I have had to ask her to stop because it feels like I am living in a Broadway Musical when I am in the same room as she is :0)
Oh, we love her dearly!!
Isaac also celebrated his birthday just two days after Brynn. My little boy turned 12...12!!! I asked Bryce that morning..., "Honey, tell me I am not old enough to have a 12 year old?!!??" He didn't say anything...hmmm, apparently I am. Funny story....Isaac only wanted a pair of Dr. Dre Beats for Christmas and his birthday. THat is the ONLY thing the kid wanted. Well, originally I said absolutely not. I was not going to spend that much money on a pair of headphones which I don't like the concept of headphones to begin with. He already doesn't listen to me, why give him a reason? Well, we couldn't come up with ANYTHING else for his birthday. It is hard when Christmas is just two weeks later. Bryce would suggest something and I would say no. I would suggest something and Bryce would say no. The day before his birthday, we caved and got him the stupid headphones. Even though I am still not completely sold that we made the right decision....his face was worth it. He was convinced he was NOT getting them or really anything big for his birthday. LOVE THE SURPRISE on his face!!!
Isaac is turning into such a handsome young man....I can say this, I am his Mom! He is so protective and kind hearted for the underdogs and for his family but can be stubborn and obstinate at the same time. We are working on him expressing his independence in a constructive way....that is not an easy task. He will NOT STOP GROWING! He is a horse! You know that I am about 5'8"...as you can see from the picture of him and I...he doesn't have far to go. His sense of humor is hilarious. No wonder we felt strongly to name him Isaac (meaning: Laughter) He is always making us laugh! He has settled into a nice rhythm at school and we are proud of his achievements as it has not been an easy transition for him. He is desperate for us to let him start babysitting but Mom just isn't quite ready to turn that responsibility over to him yet...not because I don't think he can handle it...more that I can't trust one of his other siblings quite yet. He is our big teddy bear and we love him like mad! (or maybe it is we love him so much it makes us mad???) Oh, those pre-teen years :0)












1 comment:
Happy Birthday Brynn and Isaac!
I LOVE the expressions on both of their faces when they saw their birthday gifts. Such delightful kids, both of them.
Post a Comment