Friday, October 2, 2009

Injury to Insult!

To add insult to injury....or maybe it is injury to insult, after Bryce left yesterday, I went to pick Isaac up at school at 5pm. It had been raining, hard, all day. I was walking down the cement stairs that are located just outside the school. I knew it would be slippery so I was walking carefully. Unfortunately, not carefully enough. My feet totally went out from under me and I landed on the cement stairs. It happened so slow motion. Enough so that I started to put my arms behind me to catch my fall but then felt strongly that I shouldn't. I didn't and proceeded to land on my dupa (for those of you non-Polish speakers...that's my bottom). Still MAJOR pain but I think I would have broken one or both arms had I have landed on them first. I got up, almost passed out from the pain, and got in the car. I waited for several minutes to make sure I could bear the pain and not pass out while driving. I drove home, crying most of the way but we made it. Isaac was so cute. He was ready to call one of our neighbors to come and make dinner for us so that I could lay down and not have to worry about it. I changed my clothes (I was drenched), downed a whole bunch of ibuprofen and put our bag of frozen vegetables that is used as our ice pack on my bum. While I have a VERY nice, perfectly linear bruise (I caught the very edge of the first stair and then slid down the rest) and still walk very gingerly, I think I will survive. I am just grateful my body turned toward my left a little. I am quite sure my tailbone would have been shattered had I not done so. And I landed on the most cushiony part then, too.

So the moral of the story: It is not always bad to have a big bottom! :0)
I knew it would come in handy someday!

1 comment: