Wednesday, October 7, 2009

All is well, All is well!

The house and the people in it made it through just fine last night. After many prayers, by us and those in our behalf(thank you!), the eye of the storm stayed out at sea and we just caught outer edges. From about 1-3am we had heavy rain and very strong wind. The house just seemed to creak and tremble. The kids slept soundly during that time but I was not so lucky. Called Bryce in tears and wanted nothing more than for him to be where I was with me or for us to be where he was with him. I HATE storms. My college roommates will tell you that there were many a night where I was up pacing the floors in the middle of the night while listening to the West Lafayette thunderstorms rage outside. Seriously, they probably wished they could have drugged me, thankfully they loved me enough not to hit me on the head to knock me out :0)

School is still cancelled so we have a fantabulous jammie day playing games, watching a movie, and cuddling on the couch with the kids. Thanks for our fun day Typhoon Melor!

2 comments:

leftygirl said...

so glad you all are ok. and OH how I remember your thunderstorm fear....

susanb said...

Thank goodness you are all OK. I remember being up with you when you were very young during thunderstorms. I still don't like them, either.