Last Weds., Bryce had off work for another Japanese National Holiday but the children did not. So Tanner was able to have a special "Mommy and Daddy Date" with Bryce and I. We decided to take the train to Asagiri which is not far from our home. The train ride alone was enough to make him giddy but then we got off the train and found ourselves at the beach with an amazing view of Akashi Bridge. Which according to Tanner is the ONLY reason why one would need to live in Japan.
There were LOTS of dead or dying jellyfish on the beach which we had to teach Tanner quickly not to touch. I started looking for seashells and found lots of shells with snails still in them. I started tossing them back in the water and Tanner wanted to know why. I told him I was saving them. He starts throwing snails in the water, too. Then, we hear him yell, "I'm saving you snails, I'm saving you!"
We had to stop and stare at Akashi bridge for at least 10 minutes and headed back towards the train. After a stop by Mister Doughnut for a quick yummy snack, we headed home. He must have enjoyed it because loudly during church today he said, "When do I get another Mommy Daddy date?"

1 comment:
Wow, Tanner was lucky to have you all to himself. Japan is really beautiful. It's fun to hear all your stories and it makes it seem like you're closer.
Post a Comment