Saturday, May 30, 2009

Suma Rikyu Park

We went to a park called Suma Rikyu park a few weeks ago. It is one of our favorite. First, it has amazing roses in the late spring and late fall. Second, it has a huge obstacle course that goes up and down a hill for the children to go on. Third, it has a huge slide to go down. I am not talking small...I am talking at least two stories high. Here are some highlights from our last trip there.

Yes, those are ALL roses. We were overwhelmed by the beauty and the fragrance. ANY color of rose you wanted was there to be found. They even had ones that were pale blue. Unbelievable!
These are two of our friends children. Samuel and Joshua. They, their parents Jacqueline and Paul and their little baby sister Lucinda came with us. We really enjoy them and are glad that they are one of the few families that appear to be staying in our neighborhood in Japan with the economy as poor as it is worldwide. Have I mentioned that I am terribly sick of goodbyes? Ugh!
Trying to illustrate the roses as big as my hand. There were even bigger roses but seeing as we were trying to keep Tanner from swimming in the fountain, I appeared to not get a picture of one of those. We had a fun day!