Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day. Here in Japan, the men are not supposed to buy the women anything on Feb. 14th. It is actually the women that get the men candy or what not. Then, in March there is a day where the man is supposed to reciprocate to all of the women that presented him with something, however, he is supposed to get something nice, not cheap. Thankfully, we didn't adopt this Japanese tradition! I wasn't planning on anything big but Mr. Romantic decided to surprise me.

Our day started out with he and the children making me breakfast while I slept in (only until 7:15 mind you...but it was sleeping in for us!). I sat down to eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and toast. Then, we were able to talk to Bryce's parents, my parents and my brother on the web cam (my favorite Saturday morning activity!) While we were on the web cam, we received a phone call from someone speaking Japanese. Bryce grabbed the phone from me and wouldn't tell me what was going on. Like I am not going to be suspicious now? Anyways, soon after that, flowers were delivered with a card written in English for me. I was very touched! Upset that he spent the money but touched nonetheless!


After that, all five of us headed downtown for lunch at a real Italian restaurant. We had yummy brick oven pizza and enjoyed each other's company. Finally, we ended up at the Lego outlet and each child had money that they were able to spend to choose something they wanted. We ended up back at the house and spent a nice quiet afternoon and evening together. What a great day!

1 comment:

susanb said...

Way to go Bryce - good way to earn brownie points!