Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fresh Fish

So I was at the grocery store yesterday afternoon picking up salmon for Bryce's Birthday Dinner. He loves salmon...I hate it....we NEVER have it so obviously this was a perfect time to make it for him.

Anyways, walking through the fish aisle, breathing through my mouth so as not to lose my lunch right there on the floor, I come to a section and think...ew! I look down and there are these flounder type fish on styrofoam trays. I look a little closer....THEY ARE STILL BREATHING AND MOVING THEIR FINS!!! I guess that is what you call the "fresh catch of the day". I wondered two things. First, did they have the boat out back to get the fish there STILL ALIVE? And two...exactly how do you get an alive fish home that is not going into an aquarium?

3 comments:

leftygirl said...

I hope Bryce's birthday supper went well.

celeste gellenbeck said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! Kim I don't think I would ever eat fish again if I saw that.

susanb said...

You must really love him to even go down the fish aisle. Happy Birthday Bryce.