Sunday, October 5, 2008

Splurged

I went to COSTCO today and was so excited about my finds but I had one moment of weakness. COSTCO had pumpkins....they were only $13 a piece rather than the $21 I was told by a neighbor but I passed them by deciding to wait for a couple of more weeks so they don't rot in the heat. Then, I found grapes and they were on sale! I also found a Carters' winter coat for Tanner and 2 dresses for Brynn for really great prices....bonus!! Then came the moment of my downfall. My real true splurge was on.....(drumroll please)....good old Charmin toilet paper. Now you may laugh, but trust me, after 5 days (let alone 5 months) of using this cheapie tushie wipe here, it will be much appreciated in this household. No joke, the toilet paper here is terribly, terribly icky. I have many times stopped at COSTCO and at another foreign store and seriously considered biting the bullet and purchasing what my heart has desired but I am so cheap. I am usually able to keep my head on straight and pass by the Charmin but when I passed by that aisle today, there was no stopping me. We are now the proud owners of 28 rolls of Charmin for a whopping $30....folks, that is over a dollar a roll. I may have to ration out the toilet paper...one square for you, ohhh, you took one and a half, give me some back. I can just hear myself now!

1 comment:

leftygirl said...

WOW!!! That's expensive TP!!!!!