Thursday, June 5, 2008

Poo-poos on Head

Yes....that is a toilet seat on my child's head. He came to me yesterday while I was making dinner. He said, "Momma?" and I said, "Yes, buddy?" and he replied, "Poo-poos-on-head." I turned and looked at him VERY quickly to see exactly what he meant by that and just laughed. I said, "Yes, honey, poo-poos on head," Of course it was only funny until the toilet seat fell down around his neck and then got stuck on his head.

In all seriousness...we have hit a small milestone. He went to the potty once at my parents house before we left for Japan and today he actually went poo-poos in the toilet. When I told him he could get M&M's since he did that, the child was actually speechless and gasped. That was too good to be true! While I am not trying to encourage this (diapers are actually easier at this point because I am not ready to be trained yet) I won't discourage it either! I am just thrilled that he is showing any interest. Of course the kids clapped and cheered like he had won the Nobel Prize so that was just more fuel for the fire!

No comments: