We have had a pretty decent week overall. We had the landlords come with the termite inspectors and they did not find anything in the baits/traps that are surrounding the house. However, upon inspecting the crawl space/basement area, they found water damage and termites living down there. They already have sprayed between every wall and between the floors and this week they are having a carpenter come out to survey the structural damage. Please keep your fingers crossed! I have had about enough of the bugs here!! I have missed home a lot this week, as well! I have been very blessed to be able to live in the same city as my brother and to see my parents at least once a month all of our married life. This will take some getting used to. I am anxious to come home for my brother's wedding in July and I am hoping that will help my homesickness a little. The other good news is that because it is my brother's wedding I will be able to see all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, etc. all at one time added to being able to see my parents for two weeks.
We have had two mishaps with our van this week, however. We have a really cool van. I love it! This week, I took the kids and headed the 45 minutes to Costco to pick up some food. I drove on two different toll roads and through areas that I have not driven before without any problems. We did our shopping in the store and even had real pizza for lunch (yes, I did remember to bring home a whole pizza this time and we even had pizza for dinner, as well!) Anyways, after loading the car and getting in, we started out of the parking garage. Yes, everything is in a garage here because there is not enough room to build a lot out, so they build up. Well, I was coming around the corner of the garage to head down the exit ramp and cut it a little short when there was a car that came a little close up the other way. I hear this grating and scratching on the right side of the car. I said, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh." and soon heard the children repeating the same thing. I quickly backed up and then continued down the ramp. As I am getting out of the car and fighting back tears, I am trying to figure out if I can get home to pack the suitcases to leave for Indiana BEFORE Bryce gets home or if I should just head immediately to the airport and worry about clothing later. I get over to that side of the car.....and there is NOTHING! Well, except for some scratches on a plastic part down underneath the door. I even told Bryce the truth that evening, however, I told him BEFORE he got on the train to come home so he would have 45 minutes to calm down and clearly think before talking to me.
Now, if that was not bad enough, we had another little mishap this morning. For those of you that may not be familiar with the details of our church...each Sunday, different members are asked to prepare talks to share with the congregation on different topics. Well, I had prepared a 25 minute talk on obedience to the commandments and was supposed to give it this morning. We all got ready. I did my hair and though it was humid I all but ran to the car so I wouldn't look like I had just gotten out of the shower. We have to open our garage door with an opener before we can get into the garage. We had pushed the button and got into the garage and then into the van. Well, either the door had not raised all the way or had gotten stuck or one of us might have accidentally pushed the button and it lowered just enough that when we went to back out, again we hear the same grating and scratching. Again, my first thought was oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. Although I think my second thought was, "Thank goodness it was not me driving this time!" Anyways, we get out to survey the damage and find out that the van is fine but the garage door is bent and partially off the track. At about this time, it starts raining. So Bryce and I are out in the rain trying with all our might to pry the metal bars back onto the track because we cannot get the van out of the garage. With much prying, cutting, pushing, pulling, and anguish we were able to get the door up far enough that I could back out while Bryce held the door up. Needless to say, the door is probably going to have to be replaced. We did make it to church in time for me to give my talk thank goodness! What a crazy morning!
9 hours ago

4 comments:
Bless your heart!!! If it makes you feel any better I just backed my brand new car into a piece of wood. Luckily no major damage. We can hardly wait to see you. I was looking for a dress today!!!!!!!
BTW - it is possible to be packed and headed home in less than an hour!!
Yes, Susan, but it was an hour home from where I was at and then another hour to the airport. Cutting it too close if you ask me! :0) See you soon!!!
Aw! Poor girl!! More adventures, so exciting! I love to read about your days over there.
Post a Comment