I feel especially blessed this year for many reasons on my birthday. We had a family tragedy happen last week but in the midst of that tragedy, I feel extremely blessed that Heavenly Father heard and answered our prayers. While I did not feel much like celebrating this year due to the circumstances, at the same time, we had so much to celebrate.
My birthday festivities began with Bryce taking us by train into London a week before my birthday. On Thursday evening, (I know...even on a school night!) we went in to the Lyceum Theatre to see The Lion King. We ALL loved it! Bryce spent quite a bit on tickets for us but on the day of the performance, we were looking to see which train to take and it said that children under the age of 3 could not attend. Oops! So, for the evening, Cade was 3 and not 2 1/2 and we just prayed that he would behave. We were a little worried, though, seeing as the performance began just a half hour before his bedtime.
We needn't have worried, though. The kid was MESMERIZED!!! From the time the curtain opened until the time the curtain closed he barely moved. And we even got to have ice cream at intermission. Each time Rafiki would come on stage and leave, in a loud voice he would say, "Mom-mom (his name for me), where Biki go?" It was adorable! Then, at the end when the final curtain went down he started yelling, "AGAIN! AGAIN!" Yep, we all loved it! I also wanted the boys to experience their first Broadway show since Brynnie has had a chance to go to a couple. Thankfully, they loved it, too!
On the Friday evening right before my birthday, Bryce and the kids made me my favorite dinner....fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, Yorkshire puddings, and lemon cupcakes for dessert. Yummy!
The next morning, I awoke to omelets for breakfast. That afternoon, Tanner, Cade, Bryce, Kobe, and I walked around the lake in our neighborhood and enjoyed a rare sunny, beautiful day! Bryce even went a step further and took us out to dinner that night. We went to a new restaurant called Soya which was Japanese and Korean food. I have missed my favorite Japanese foods so I was thrilled. We ate Tonkatsu, Gyoza, Yakisoba, fried rice, and Tempura. YUMMMM!! We ate way too much but had a great time!
Yep, I think it is safe to say that I was spoiled rotten on my birthday this year!






No comments:
Post a Comment