Monday, January 20, 2014

Cade Turned 2!

So, I am really delayed in this but BACK IN SEPTEMBER, my baby turned 2....2!!  He had a wonderful birthday and was thrilled to have a Lightning McQueen (bah-been) and Mater cake.  He also loved eating the cake and blowing out the candles.  His favorite presents were his Fisher Price alphabet zoo and his race/train track for his cars.  

Cade is our Wild Card.  We never quite know what we are going to get with this one.  He certainly rules the roost but we all know that already, so I guess it works for him :0)  He can be the most fun- loving, silly toddler one minute and then have a half hour long cry fest for no apparent reason the next minute.  He LOVES to sing....I mean, grab a flashlight or whatever else is nearby and SING at the top of his lungs for 15 minutes straight.  Look out American Idol!  He loves his siblings and knows that he can pretty much get anything he wants, he just has to choose the right sibling to give it to him.  He is stubborn, obstinate, and heaven help you if you need him to do something that he doesn't want to do.  

However, that being said, he melts my heart every time when he puts his little hands on each side of my face and says, "Mom, mom.....you a dood boy!" (Mom, you are a good boy!)  Yes, he hears us say it to Kobe all the time and knows that it is something sweet to say.  Hopefully someday he will understand that I am not a boy.  You know, I always have had friends tell me, "You'll know when you are done having children."  Didn't know what that meant until Cade came along.  Now I know!  Heavenly Father knew what He was doing when He sent Cade as our 4th....I think he would have been an only child if he had come first :0)

While he does try the very core of our patience levels, and we fear the day that he is a teenager and all that THAT entails, we cannot imagine our family without this sweet spirit of ours!







No comments: