It has been quite the busy weeks lately. And seeing as my sea shipment, which includes my Mac, will be sent in less than a week...I am just trying to catch up on our blog. So...here is a brief synapsis :0)
 |
| Easter with the Enerson's. Can it get any better? We love them! |
 |
| Yep, this is how my kid sleeps. Thank goodness for a video monitor which Eric and Lesley were inspired to get us. I have to go in and remove his 'Lovey' from around his head quite often. |
 |
| Our last Cherry Blossom Season (sigh, sniff, wipe a tear!) |
 |
| Cade and his tongue...it has been out of his mouth for several weeks now. |
 |
| The Liechty's...oh, how we will miss them! I can't even think about it yet! |
 |
| The Hashiguchi's...another fabulous family to miss! |


And Sato-san. He is the gentleman who for the last 20 years has directed traffic near our entrance to the neighborhood every weekday morning. He has a smile, a wave and an 'Iterasshai' which means loosely 'return home safely', and he would buy TONS of candy for all of the children that rode the bus. He loves babies and every morning would say hello to Cade, poke his cheeks and smile. Cade would smile back. It was a sweet moment each morning that I enjoyed. He retired a few weeks ago which made me quite sad. One thing that he said that was very touching was (with the help of a translator)...he always remembers our family because when everyone left so quickly after the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster, our family was the only one in the neighborhood that stayed. He said that he respected our family for that. I felt guilty because had our company told us we could go home, I would have been on the first plane out of here but looking back at it now...I am so glad we stayed! Sato-san will be missed!


No comments:
Post a Comment