Sunday, April 11, 2010

I saw big bums and I cannot lie



SUMO! BIG MEN! BIG BUMS! NO LIE!

WARNING>>>THIS POST MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR YOUNG VIEWERS :0)

Or those that have extreme adverse reactions to seeing insanely huge men with very little covering anything. Seriouly, I think that they said, "What is the LEAST amount of clothing we can put on this largely overweight man?" That belt thingy is what they came up with.

We were told that we shouldn't leave Japan until we saw Sumo. We decided since we were already going to be in Osaka to pick up Bryce's parents and Aunt from the airport and since it was semi-finals day in Osaka for Sumo, we would kill two birds with one stone. It was an experience!

The custom, ceremony, the whole thing was quite amazing. There is a certain way that they get ready for the match, a man could be paired with someone twice his size, if even the top knot that he wears on his head touches the ground, he loses, the salt throwing, leg slapping....wow! It was quite fun to see the non-Japanese sumo wrestlers compete, too. They were quite a bit taller than their Japanese counterparts but had much more muscle, too. The picture at the top was just a cardboard cutout but he is the champion and won his 6th straight victory that day. He is from Bulgaria. The kids even got into it. Each match, though we knew nothing about either wrestler, we each had to pick who we thought would win just based on their size and their little "warm-up" ceremony. If you ever get a chance to watch a match on TV....you should take it!

Honestly, I think I have had my fill of men with big bums though. Enough to last a lifetime.

No comments: