So Bryce's parents and his aunt are coming in a week. Because I have been taking two classes and being mom to three, Primary President, PTA treasurer, and so on, my house has been neglected. We aren't talking just a little forgotten sock here, messy room there. We are talking, "I know I am way beyond help because my family is digging their clean clothes to wear for the day out of the clean laundry pile on the KITCHEN FLOOR!" Yes, I am not proud to say, it has been a bit messy here. Bryce had the day off (Spring Equinox...I know!) so we were able to do several cleaning projects/room reorgs. while the kids were at school. After cleaning all morning, we decided that the kids have forgotten many of our family rules and have not been doing their chores or work that they have been asked (and usually paid allowance) to do.
So...we did what any good parents would do. We created a song to sing to them for FHE tonight. Bryce and I had a blast coming up with the words and the kids were singing the chorus before bed. Hopefully, we made our point.
Did you think to Clean?
(Sung to the tune of Did you think to Pray?)
Ere you left your room this morning, did you make your bed?
Did you pick up all your toys, Legos, Barbies, army boys
Before it turns us red?
Chorus: O, how cleaning makes us happy. Cleaning brightens up our day.
So when our house gets too messy, help before we play!
When you woke up this morning, did you wash your face?
Brush your teeth and pick up clothes, blow your runny nose, put away toothpaste?
Chorus
When you came home from school, did you do your chores?
Homework, backpack in the closet, did you shut off the faucet,
or your bum will be sore!
Chorus
9 hours ago

3 comments:
Love it! Can we steal it for FHE tonight? We seem to have the same issues. Have a wonderful visit with family!
pretty clever!!! enjoy family time. hope you got to do something great for your birthday
Heidi, feel free. We haven't copyrighted it yet. :0)
Post a Comment