
We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Bryce's birthday. On Friday afternoon, after peeling Brynn off of me in hysterics(she didn't want me to leave), I met Bryce in Harborland for dinner. We had dinner at Brasiliano's which is a Brazilian restaurant that we love. It is the only place in Kobe we have found that is 1.All you can eat, 2.Serves meat and lots of it, 3. Will not cause you to be homeless because of the price. We enjoyed a really yummy dinner and then headed to see Avatar. Neither of us knew much about the movie and we didn't get to see the 3-D version but we thought overall it was a pretty good movie. After that, we headed to the Portopia Hotel out on Port Island. Back in November, we won the raffle prize at the Food Fair at Marist. We were shocked because we never win anything and this is the second overnight hotel stay we have won in a year and a half! We arrived at the hotel....it was very nice! They inform us that they have us in an Executive Suite...whoa! The bellhop takes us up to our room and wowie, wow, wow!
This was the main room. The picture below was the bedroom....funny story. When the lady at the club called to make the reservations for us, she told me she was very sorry but all they had was a double room. I asked her what the other option was and she replied, "Two twin beds." I said, "Mahiro, we are Americans, he doesn't get to sleep in a bed without me!" So thankfully, we didn't have to sleep in two twin beds. However, with as hard as that mattress was, I think the floor would have been more comfortable!
This was the bathroom. Yes, that is a TV in the bathtub. How cool is that?
The view from our 26th floor window the next morning. It was beautiful. The worst part...we were up by 6:45am even though we had no children waking us up that early. We couldn't sleep and our room service breakfast wasn't set to come until 9:15. By the time the guy got there, I thought I was going to eat off his arm! We got the biggest kick out of the breakfast, though. He brought us bread and then puts a toaster on the table in front of us so we could toast our own bread. Had to laugh at that one!
After that, I was ready to get home to our kiddos (I know, I am pathetic) so we packed up and high tailed it back home. The kids were thrilled to see us and actually slept through the night for the sitter. Brynn only cried for about 45 minutes after I left the previous afternoon. Not sure why she is going through this stage at age 7 when she used to push us out the door when she was younger.
The rest of the afternoon we spent opening presents, eating cake, and having make your own personal pizzas. The kids spent quite a while with the sitter on Friday night making cards for Daddy. We did get Bryce something that he really wanted for his birthday. For those of you that know me well....you know how I feel about firearms and my husband owning firearms. It is one issue that we have never agreed upon in our marriage and have just agreed to disagree. However, I broke down and bought him a gun.
Yes, out of all the things my husband could want for his birthday, he chose a Nerf Gun. The afternoon was spent with sticky darts plague-ing every single panel of glass on every single french door in every single room of the house. I was informed today that we really needed to invest in some cheap glasses so that someone's eye doesn't get poked out. Hmmmm...what was I thinking?
Happy Birthday, Bryce! We hope your day was as special to you as you are to us!
3 comments:
sounds like you had a great time.
Happy Birthday Bryce.
You guys are having so many great adventures! BTW, I heard that your favorite vacation destination--Guam--just changed its name! :o
Post a Comment