Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tannerisms

I hurt my toe...really badly...a couple of weeks ago. I didn't realize how badly until I took off my nail polish and saw that the whole toe under the nail is a very nice shade of reddish/brown. Tanner takes a look at it and says, "Mom, I LOVE your chocolate toe!"

Then, last night as I was getting on my knees to pray, a knee popped and I must have grimaced. Tanner said, "Are you oh-tay, Mom?" I said that I was. Then he asked, "Is your body happy?"

At dinner each night, he has been very anxious to share what he did during his day especially since the kids have been sharing about their days. Last night, he was chosen to do his day first. He started by telling Bryce that he saw his favorite dogs at the bus stop and that he fell and scraped his knee. Then he looked at me and said, "Then what did I do?" So I prompted him with what we did next. He repeated what I said and looked at me and said, "Then what did I do?" We continued on with this for the rest of the day up until the moment that we were sitting and eating dinner. He asked, "Then what did I do?" I told him that there wasn't any more to tell since we were still eating dinner. He became so upset and said, "No, I need to start over then!"

No comments: