Saturday, June 13, 2009

Look Who Turned Three!

Potty trained, sleeping in a big boy bed and celebrating his third birthday! Woo-hoo, Tanner has had a busy week! On Friday, Tanner turned three. I had the brilliant idea of him opening his presents before Bryce went to work and before he had to go to preschool. Because he goes to a Japanese preschool, he follows their calendar year which means he goes during the summer.

I thought that he would still want to go to preschool. I was wrong. He was so excited about his gifts and wanted to play with them, that he cried when I told him it was time to go to school. His gifts were: a Lightning McQueen tent with balls in it, a handmade (by yours truly) Lightning McQueen quilt (see pic. to the right), a Mack with Lightning McQueen toy (are you seeing a trend here?). He was also given a Percy train from Brynn and a Red (the fire truck from CARS) from Isaac and some outdoor games/toys from Mimi and Poppa and Eric and Lesley. He also received a card from Grandma and Grandpa. Funny thing was, he threw the money on the floor and said, "Here Mommy, I just want the card!" He has carried that card everywhere.
He had a special day at preschool, too. The kids and I were able to go and join him for his birthday celebration. We brought cupcakes (with yellow frosting, of course) and treat bags for him to share with his friends. They put him behind a table with a table cloth and then each child came up and shook his hand and presented him with a handmade birthday card. Tanner sat there and did not crack a smile unless he caught my eye and I made a funny face. I think he was a bit overwhelmed by it all. After we got home, he had his nap and then it was off to the pool for our first swim of the year....hip, hip, hooray! That night, we made our own individual pizzas, had jello jigglers and football cake. Yes, he finally got his chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and M &M's that he has been talking about since the beginning of 2009! He had a great birthday but I think his highlight is that he now gets to sleep in Isaac's room in a big boy bed. He is thrilled and so far, other than Isaac needing the door open to go to sleep and Tanner needing it closed, there haven't been any major issues!
Happy Birthday, Buddy!

3 comments:

leftygirl said...

what a big day!

leftygirl said...

what a big day!

Robinson Family said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! He is getting to be a big boy. I can't believe how fast these two babies have grown up and are now little boys. Peter is 3 today and very opinionated about his birthday plans too.