9 hours ago
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Hee dat?
Last night we had our first thunderstorm since being in Japan. This is significant because it is also one of the first times Tanner has heard the wind blowing so strongly and the thunder when he has been able to vocalize what he thinks. It appears that I may have passed on my fear of thunderstorms to my youngest. While we were eating dinner last night the wind was really whipping around the house. Tanner gasped and his eyes got really big. He yells, "Hee dat?" for hear that? Then he says, "Loud!" We replied that yes, it was a little loud and that it was the wind. Then he grabs his heart and said, "Hurts!" We told him that it wouldn't hurt him but he didn't look too convinced. Every time after that, whenvever the wind blew, we went through the same conversation. This happened about 10 times. When we finished eating, I was determined to take him outside. He is not going to have deathly fears of storms like I do! So I picked him up and held him and took him outside in the front yard. His eyes almost popped out of his head and he kept pointing toward the house and saying, "Inside, mom!" I told him that he was OK and I wouldn't let anything happen to him. Then I started talking about the wind and showing him the trees and making a game of it. He looked directly at me and said,"Want Daddy!" Needless to say, I couldn't let Daddy become the favorite parent, so we headed inside and read books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hello Bowman's
It's Saturday, July 5th and I'm in my office and decided to read your blog to see what is going on in Japan. The weather in Kewaunee has not been the best this year, very cold and windy, thankfully, we are having a very nice 4th of July weekend. It sounds like you are adjusting to life in Japan. In the long run it will be a great experience for all of you, so enjoy the good with the bad. Sherry prints your blog and gives it to family members who don't have internet access, so we all know what is going on in your lives. Dana & Brian and the girls are coming to Eric's wedding. At first they weren't sure if they would because everything going on in their lives, but they will be there. We will see you in August.
Fred
Post a Comment