Bryce went to Tokyo on the bullet train on Weds. and Thurs. of last week. We survived our first night in Japan without Daddy, however, Tanner decided to get a stomach bug on Weds. night and came down with a fever among other things and did not sleep...at all. Then, Thurs. morning, Isaac and I came down with it. Not fun, but we have returned to the land of the living with no major difficulties.
Bryce was able to go golfing for the first time on Friday with Lilly...it was a company outing. He LOVED it and since we were warned that golfing was REALLY expensive, we were pleasantly surprised when a round of 18 holes plus lunch was under $90...get ready Dad Bowman and Dad Brusda, he is itching to take you both sometime.
Saturday morning we got up and went to a park here in Kobe. It was located in the side of a mountain and it was an arboretum. There were trees and gardens everywhere and it was a beautiful place. Of course, you will just have to believe us because I forgot to pack the camera. They had a huge playground for the kids and a big empty grassy field to run and play. We went with one of Bryce's co-workers and his family and had a fabulous time. They were lots of fun and I am looking forward to getting together with them more. The only downside was that the heat and sun rivaled that of pergatory so we were a sweaty, red-faced bunch by the time we left. Tanner was walking around with an ice pack from the cooler pressed to his face. We were going to try going to a different park that afternoon but we were too hot and decided to swim instead.
Today after church, we invited a sweet couple, the Painters', who are missionaries for our church, over for dinner. We had yummy steaks (from Costco, of course) and twice baked potatoes with brownies for dessert. They were so friendly and seemed to get a big kick out of our kids. They have 21 grandkids and I think they were happy to be around our little ones for a while as they miss their family almost as much as I miss mine :0) We have had a great weekend!
9 hours ago

1 comment:
I'm just in awe of everything that is going on over there, Kim! I'm so impressed!
I was talking to Victoria, and she wants you to know that she reads every blog, but she can't comment. She loves you.
And I love you too!
Post a Comment