Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Programs


The kids had a lovely Christmas program this year. Tanner's class was Rudolph and they sang "Run, Run Rudolph" and "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" (can you tell his teacher plays in a rock band?) Brynnie's class did the Nativity and she played the part of Mary. Isaac's class did a rendition of the Sister Act's "Joyful, Joyful Lord we adore Thee" and we were pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. They even had those 4th graders 'groovin' to the beat a bit. Unfortunately, we apparently did not get any pictures of Isaac's performance :0(

Tanner also had a Christmas party where he got to see Santa and was given a gift of books. We had to have a bit of a conversation about Christmas gifts and books, etc. after he opened the books in the van (thankfully AFTER we left the building). He says, "Books? Books? Books aren't Christmas presents! I didn't even ASK for books for Christmas!" Now his siblings, books were at the top of their lists. Tanner...not so much. Bless his heart, after the talk I gave him I don't think we will have any more complaints about getting books for Christmas.

The kids did a fantastic job and Bryce and I were both so proud of them and so glad we could both be there to watch them!

No comments: