I promise I will blog about Guam and post pictures but until the kids go back to school and I have a LONG amount of uninterrupted time....here is a post in the meantime.
I completely stole the idea from a friend's blog (thank you again Sara!) so I can't take the credit but must admit I had fun "interviewing" the family and getting their take on 2009.
1. What is the best thing that happened in 2009?
Bryce-Traveling all over the world
Kim- I am still married to Bryce :0) Truthfully, I hit a comfort zone and know what I am doing in Japan, now. I can actually see the blessings we have been given by being here and realize that everything is AOK.
Isaac-Won Most Improved Student in 2nd Grade
Brynn-Tooth finally has started to wiggle (notice we still haven't lost the darned thing yet)
Tanner- "I got a Nerf Gun for Christmas!" (Most of his answers from here on out centered around the Nerf Gun so we had to improvise and coach him a little!)
2. What is the worst thing that happened in 2009?
Bryce-Put on 13 pounds (I still think he looks good!)
Kim-Tanner's ear tube incident and dealing with the Japanese doctors
Isaac-Thibault (a good friend) moved away.
Brynn- Merel and Chloe moved away.
Tanner-Ear doctors
3. Where was your favorite place to visit?
Bryce-Hong Kong and Singapore
Kim-Singapore and Guam (Hey, I love the beach!)
Isaac- Guam
Brynn- Guam
Tanner- Guam
(I guess they really loved the beach, too!)
4. What was your biggest accomplishment in 2009?
Bryce- Read the Old Testament
Kim-Made it through my first full year in Japan and I am still alive!
Isaac-Starting to be able to speak Japanese and play piano
Brynn-Tie my shoes
Tanner-Started going to the Yochien (preschool)
5. Things we miss most from the U.S.
Bryce-Big, juicy prime rib and his guns
Kim- Ham and REAL sausage and of course family
Isaac- Pizza Hut
Brynn-Family
Tanner-Mimi and Poppa and Grandma and Grandpa Bowman
6. What is the thing you love most about Japan?
Bryce-Cleanliness and polite people
Kim-Great people we have met and beautiful landscape/scenery
Isaac-My International School
Brynn-The view from our house
Tanner-The trains and Akashi Bridge
7. Most memorable experience?
Bryce-The Great Wall in China and seeing goats and cows on the main street in New Delhi across from Microsoft building.
Kim-The driving test for my license in Japan and the people in China that made us feel that we were being chased by paparazzi
Isaac-Family Reunion in Washington this past summer
Brynn- Mommy reading "The Big Wide-Mouthed Frog" (Really, it is an experience all in itself)
Tanner- I don't know
8. What do you hope for in 2010?
Bryce-Nothing more breaks down in my body.
Kim-Visit home for Christmas next year (in addition to our trip home for the summer)
Isaac-I want to go to the U.S. for Christmas next year.
Brynn-No rain (Not sure where that one is coming from)
Tanner-I hope I see Mimi and Poppa.
9 hours ago

1 comment:
This is really a neat idea. Happy New Year! Hope 2010 is a great year :)
Post a Comment