Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Baby is All "Growed" Up



Tanner and I hit a milestone this week. He went to his first day of preschool and I didn't cry for the first time that one of my children started school. He has been asking to start preschool. I have been dreading it. All of his friends are in school at least one to three days a week. He is ready but I just wasn't. The preschool or, Yochien as it is called, is in our neighborhood. Right around the corner from our house, in fact. I decided I would let him start going one morning a week and then I can use that time to run errands, iron, volunteer at the kids school and work out. Currently, I am going to use the time to finish his Cars quilt before he turns three in June.
He walked right in and started playing. Didn't look back. I left my cell number just in case he needed me or started crying. Instead, I had a hard time getting him to leave with me at the end of the morning! He had a great time and the teachers all said that he was such a nice, friendly boy. Did I mention that they only speak very limited English? Yeah, they do, which should be interesting. Many of the children in the neighborhood speak better Japanese than us old folks do though! He loved it and that is really all that matters. I guess it is time for me to let go....just a little....but I don't have to be happy about it, right?

2 comments:

susanb said...

I'm impressed that you didn't cry.

celeste gellenbeck said...

You are doing way better than me. I am already crying about Emma going to kindergarten in the fall.